Let’s face it: pattern cutting is tedious, time-consuming and not a favorite aspect of the process for most makers. We have an affordable solution to your production bottleneck! Our CNC fabric cutting service can make short work of your repetitive pattern cutting and free you up to focus on other more important (or enjoyable!) aspects of your product’s manufacturing.
Does this mean we can cut your one slipcover pattern? Unfortunately, no. For one-off projects, we suggest finding a seamstress or “job-shop” in your area. We’re providing more of a contract manufacturer service. We work with makers and manufacturers to custom cut fabric into ready-to-sew pieces (or produce completed sewn goods for a product or product line if you’re interested in our sewing services!).
But how does it work?
Well, let us explain!
An Automated CNC Machine does all the work for you! CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control which means a computer converts the design produced by our CAD(Computer-Aided Design) software, into numbers. Those numbers are then considered coordinates that informs the machine where to cut. Think of it as a GPS that tells the knife where to go!
Now you’re wondering how this can benefit you, right?
As your business grows and demand for your product increases, you might find that production time has become a hassle. Laying out the fabric, tracing the pattern, and cutting the fabric takes time and manpower that could be used elsewhere in your business. That is where Big Duck Canvas’s service comes in!
- Fast Turn-Around
- Because we are using a machine to cut your patterns, what might take you 3 days to cut would take us 1 hour! We can cut over 50 layers of our 10oz Cotton Canvas Duck at once. Imagine how many pieces that would produce!
- Cost Savings
- We all know the old saying “time is money”, and in this case it is true! In the time it normally takes to cut out your patterns, you could have been making sales or packaging products! We want to give you the gift of time by taking cutting off your to-do list!
- More Yield
- Our CAD software with intelligent nesting capabilities makes sure that you get the most bang for your buck! The advanced algorithms of the CAD software analyzes the overall size of the material as well as the shape and number of pieces required and determines the ideal way to repeat, rotate, and nest the pieces. The material is held in place by a vacuum meaning there could be little to no space between cuts! Compared to cutting by hand or even with a handheld reciprocating fabric cutter, no matter how skilled the operator, there’s simply no way to match the efficiency of this technology.
- Perfect Cuts Every Time
- Humans make mistakes and scissors sometimes gum up, but our machine doesn’t do any of that! When you provide us with a digital pattern, our software will cut exactly that! Don’t have a digital pattern? No worries! Our staff will work to create one with you to your exact specifications! We want you to feel assured that your cuts will come out exactly as you need them!
We can cut your fabric or ours up to 72” wide!!
- Waxed Canvas / Cotton Canvas
- Polyester / Nylon Oxfords
- Heavy Plied Yarn Ducks
- Heavy Vinyls
- Rubberized materials
- Stretchy Fabrics
Save time, money, and fabric!Continue reading "Still Cutting Bulk Patterns by Hand?"