The discount fabric category in our store in growing and growing! We have added MANY new things and want to spread the word! If you buy fabric on a regular basis it is worth taking a look! The biweekly newsletter is the best way to find out about these deals first. It has become almost devoted to promoting our Closeout fabric additions.
Here is a list of some our standout closeout fabrics:
1. 100% Hemp – 8oz Natural Linen $4.20/YD – This fabric looks and feels like Linen. Hemp is an amazing fiber and is usually extremely costly. This 8oz is lightweight and would be ideal for draperies and table linens.
2. Outdoor Stripe Synthetic Canvas $3.50/YD – A great basic stripe for outdoor decor. It is not waterproof, but will hold up outdoors and dry fast.
3. 8oz Primed Artist Canvas Rolls $3.75/YD – This is as cheap as it gets for primed artist canvas without any loss of quality. This is steal.
4. 12oz Bull Denim – Walnut Brown $4.40/YD – Bull Denim is extremely tough and makes great slipcovers. This is a rich walnut brown.
5. Preshrunk Organic Cotton Canvas $7.00/YD– We have discontinued some of our first quality 10oz Preshrunk Organic dyed colors. Great colors and a great price for anything Preshrunk!
6. Outdoor Synthetic Canvas in Assorted Colors $3.75/YD – We have a great assortment of high quality outdoor synthetic fabrics. These go fast, but we add new rolls each week.
We have posted about this topic before on our blog, but with our Discount Category growing weekly with great new bargain fabrics, we want everyone to know exactly what they are getting when they purchase fabrics from this category.
1. A KILLER DEAL. All of the fabrics we offer are listed at the lowest prices around and when you go visit our discount category the deals just keep getting better.
2. A Nicer Fabric than Described. Many of our fabrics that are in the discount bin are excellent high quality fabrics. If we are aware of any flaws we do our best to indicate this on our website, but most of the time we cannot visibly see any flaws.
3. A Closeout, A Factory Second, or Overstock Fabric. We will indicate which of the three the fabric is classified as. A CLOSEOUT is a factory first, Grade A Fabric! A fabric is closeout when there is just a small inventory left and we can no longer guarantee continuity, so we discount the fabric. A FACTORY SECOND is just that, a second. It was classified as B Grade by our mill, but still a great fabric. If we know why it is B Grade we will indicate this in the listing. An OVERSTOCK FABRIC is a factory first Grade A Fabric in most cases, but often it can also be a second. We will always indicate this in our listings.
4. A Limited Supply. Occasionally, we get some repeat products in our discount category, but chances are most products are a one time deal. If you see something you like feel free to give us a call to see how much we have on hand. If you are manufacturing a product it is best to source your materials from our standard product line if continuity is important.
I want people to know about Big Duck Canvas because I like my job and I want to be good at it, but also as a fabric designer, maker and hardcore crafter, I want everyone to know where the deals are for sewing projects.
Adding products to the closeout/discount category is one of my favorite things to do. Products in this category could be Overstock Grade A fabrics, Factory Seconds, or Closeouts that for some reason or another didn’t meet certain specifications. This could just mean the dye wasn’t the exact right color, but everything else is perfect. We really try to make sure to let customers know exactly what the flaw is IF there is ANY. If there do happen to be flaws they will be pretty minor and we price it accordingly.
In most cases with this category when the fabric is gone, its ALL GONE. Occasionally we are able to keep a few things around for a while like our 12oz heavyweight cotton duck fabric (factory seconds), but its best for customers to assume that they may not be able to get that same exact fabric again. If you are seeking continuity for a product, our standard fabric lines are the way to go.
We recently just got in a Cotton Linen Blend Upholstery Fabric in a pretty Oatmeal color. It has a nice crisp feel that makes it really easy to work with. After doing some research we found that this fabric is typically sold for around $23/yd! We were very excited to be able to offer something so nice for much much less ($5.49-8.99/yd).