The newest innovations in Marine & Awning Canvas are here! SeaDuck Fabric Marine & Awning Textile Solutions sold exclusively by Big Duck Canvas. The 100% Solution dyed acrylic yarns are sourced from Dolan, the leading manufacturer in the world of acrylic yarns. Dolan is well known in the industry for producing the most vibrant long lasting colors available. SeaDuck Fabric comes with all the features you would expect from a top performing outdoor fabric plus a ten year warranty. This fabric is the best option for awnings, umbrellas, beach lounge chairs, sling back chairs, Bimini tops, boat covers, banners and more! Get your samples today!
Check out the technical specifications of SeaDuck in the PDF below:
Seaduck Fabric Technical Features
The discount fabric category in our store in growing and growing! We have added MANY new things and want to spread the word! If you buy fabric on a regular basis it is worth taking a look! The biweekly newsletter is the best way to find out about these deals first. It has become almost devoted to promoting our Closeout fabric additions.
Here is a list of some our standout closeout fabrics:
1. 100% Hemp – 8oz Natural Linen $4.20/YD – This fabric looks and feels like Linen. Hemp is an amazing fiber and is usually extremely costly. This 8oz is lightweight and would be ideal for draperies and table linens.
2. Outdoor Stripe Synthetic Canvas $3.50/YD – A great basic stripe for outdoor decor. It is not waterproof, but will hold up outdoors and dry fast.
3. 8oz Primed Artist Canvas Rolls $3.75/YD – This is as cheap as it gets for primed artist canvas without any loss of quality. This is steal.
4. 12oz Bull Denim – Walnut Brown $4.40/YD – Bull Denim is extremely tough and makes great slipcovers. This is a rich walnut brown.
5. Preshrunk Organic Cotton Canvas $7.00/YD– We have discontinued some of our first quality 10oz Preshrunk Organic dyed colors. Great colors and a great price for anything Preshrunk!
6. Outdoor Synthetic Canvas in Assorted Colors $3.75/YD – We have a great assortment of high quality outdoor synthetic fabrics. These go fast, but we add new rolls each week.
Waxed Canvas is our most expensive canvas fabric per yard. We strive to offer fabrics that are the best prices around and we knew waxed canvas would be more expensive to offer. After experimenting with several different wax finishes we finally found one that we feel is worth the added cost. It is amazing and I recently asked if I could get any work reimbursements in the form of waxed canvas instead of money. Here’s why…
Waxed canvas has a long lifespan and can easily be compared to leather in the way it patinas and looks better with age. The marks you see in the graphic above are called “craze marks” They add a desired character that many designers are aiming for, but can also easily be removed by applying heat. Although waxed canvas cost more than regular canvas it is still a fraction of the cost of leather.
This material has all the advantages of Army Duck with a refined wax finish adding better performance and beauty. Outdoor enthusiasts & survivalist have been wax coating canvas for years in order to better protect their cotton gear from the elements. Home recipes for coating your own canvas call for ingredients like turpentine and linseed oil. Both of which create a strong odor and leave a heavy residue. Our waxed canvas is made with a refined non toxic treatment that does not have an odor and will not transfer to other surfaces. If you have ever tried to coat your own canvas you will appreciate the extra cost and would be amazed at the quality of this fabric.
It was important to offer a waxed canvas fabric that would be easier to work with than traditional waxed products. In production, waxed canvas has been know to leave a build up of wax on the sewing needle and be a headache to sew. Thankfully, this is not the case with this fabric. I am looking forward to featuring this great product in a future video. We currently offer two great shades of waxed canvas : Olive Drab and Saddle Brown. Check them out and request your samples!